Thursday, October 17, 2013

Calm waters



  The 50 mile voyage up the Delaware Bay from Cape May to the C&D Canal can be uncomfortable, or even down right dangerous. There are no safe harbors (for a large vessel such as "Whatever It Takes) between Cape May and the C&D Canal and the Bay is known to kick up quickly. The last time I traveled the Delaware (two weeks ago) we were fighting four foot seas when we arrived at Cape May.

  Today was nothing short of perfect. I left Cape May at 7:00 am with a rising tide and one foot waves. By 10:00 the waves had diminished to the flat water shown on the video below. I was in the C&D Canal by 11:45 and docked at the Bohemian Bay Yacht Harbor by 2:30.

  Dinner tonight was hot dogs smothered in some left over spaghetti meat sauce I made 3 or 4 weeks ago. It tasted much better than it sounds.

                            http://youtu.be/t8GBsuGV4bs

Click on address above to see "Whatever It Takes" in calm waters on the Delaware Bay.     
       

Breakfast- diet Coke, coffee, Oreo's, and a cigarette.

 
 
 

The west end of the C&D Canal.

 
 

Bohemian Bay Yacht Harbor, home for the night.

 
 
 

WOW

 

For the girls (I lost to myself)

1 comment:

  1. I sure wish I could be there with you, but you seem to be OK!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete