Sunday, May 6, 2012

Damn near lost a crew member.

       Each morning I feed the dogs then take them for a walk so they can "do their business". The Bohicket marina is perfect for walking the dogs, a long boardwalk with condos and grass on the water and a country road on the front side of the condos. This morning I let the dogs walk without leashes (big mistake). I turned my back for 10 seconds and Clark had disappeared into the bushes to the front side of the condos.

I looked for ten minutes, calling his name and waking half the neighborhood. I was frantic. When it seemed hopeless I decided to start a search party with our crew. As I was calling Skip's cell phone, I saw Skip walking toward me.  I hung up and said "Clark's gone, we have to find him".  Skip said "That dog has been back on the boat for at least 10 minutes. I thought you dropped him off and went out with Tucker."

Clark's a smart dog but he WILL be on a leash forever more.

We traveled another 75 miles today without a problem one. Weather was nice; cooler, slightly overcast, with just enough of a breeze. We topped off our fuel tonight and are ready for another adventure tomorrow.
What took you so long Dad ?

This morning, just before casting off.

Today was the first day of Shrimp season. Skip considered placing a bid
on this ship. We were calling him "Forrest".

Where Forrest (Skip) would live after striking it rich in the shrimp business.

My new "Great Loop" burgee on the bow. A Christmas present from Laura.
                        


Downtown Charleston, S.C.


Old Salty Dog Tom.


Tucker didn't have to share last fall.

Charleston regatta.

Don't worry Donna, I got your back.

1 comment:

  1. Dick: I'm so glad you found Clark....rather, that he found you LOL!! Stay safe and enjoy your adventure....looks amazing! See you soon:) Lynda

    ReplyDelete