Saturday, May 12, 2012

I got to use my "Get out of jail free card"

  We planned to travel a full 83 miles today and knew we needed to get out early. We were on the water at 6:20, it was fantastic. No wind, no boats, peaceful, and cold. The boat doesn't have defrosters for the windshield so Denny and I were constantly wiping the fog away while identifying the next red or green marker. Val couldn't help as she was still asleep. In fact, Val didn't wake up until 8:30. How she could sleep with two 350 HP diesel motors and a 10 KW diesel generator running less than 10 feet from her bunk is beyond me.

  We made Coinjock (real name) Marina in Coinjock, NC by 2:30 averaging almost exactly 10 MPH.
As we slid up to our dock I noticed four uniformed officers waiting. It was the US Coast Guard, again! They met me at the side access and asked when I was last boarded by the Coast Guard. I answered "Yesterday". They asked for proof and I presented them with the document issued yesterday (my get out of jail free card). They looked it over and said "Those guys in Honybrook have all the fun" and told me to have a good trip.

  We are 49 miles from Norfolk, mile marker zero on the ICW, the end of this crews voyage, and the beginning of the Chesapeake Bay run.

We left dock 10 minutes after taking this pic.


There is nothing like being the first boat on the water.


 


SUN + WIND = PAIN


Alligator River swing bridge.


A serious set of gears.


Kathy could turn this into a great Bed & Breakfast.


OK Clark, go chase those Coast Guard fellas away.



To lazy to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment