Friday, October 21, 2011

5 Days of rest...NOT !


We added a crew member. Not much on conversation but a hell of a good listener.

  Tucker and I successfully sailed Whatever It Takes down the ICW on Wednesday to the Osprey Marina. This place has won awards for being one of the best on the ICW, we are really enjoying it during the few breaks we have had. It was 85 degrees on Wednesday and I was lucky to find an air conditioning mechanic to repair the AC. That night a cold front blew in and it dropped to 40, hasn't gotten over 60 since !!! Spent 9 hours cleaning below decks yesterday and 10 on the upper today, WHEW. 1,600 miles, 12 guests, salt water, and major mechanical work has taken its toll. It's a 1/4 mile walk from the boat to the marina ( I have a golf cart that tucker wont ride in).


The path to civilization.


Looking like we know what we are doing.

Daily swims (I am on Gator watch).

My office.



You can tell by Tucker's face he's not too sure about this one.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Captain Dick...In your last picture with Tucker, I was thinking the same thing before I saw your caption! Sounds like things are looking up for you and Tuck....almost to destination! We're going to miss your daily blogs, any chance you can make things up after you're home?!? Donna D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Captain Dick. I,ve enjoyed your blogs a bunch. I wish I could have made a leg of the trip with you, maybe next time. I'm sorry to have heard about the rocks, shaft and prop incident, but I've never know anyone that made the trip your taking to not have some type of mechanical issues. We'll run true and steady and take good care of Tucker, it sounds like he's one heck of a first mate! Randy Strauss

    ReplyDelete