Monday, October 24, 2011

One Black, One White, One Blonde... The Mod Squad.

My new crew has arrived and for those who remember early 70's television shows they are the "MOD SQUAD".

 Two nights ago, around 10:00, Tucker and I were sitting on the back of the boat listening to music with our fish pole leaning over the back. The rod was outfitted with a bobber, splitshot (small sinker), hook, and a small redworm. Not exactly serious fishing In the blink of an eye my rod simply flew off the back of the boat! I jumped up in time to see the ripples as the entire set up was towed away to the depths of the marina. Damn, that has never happened to me before.

  The next morning I saw my bobber floating by the gas dock. I used my 2nd rod to snag the bobber and was very surprised when I pulled my entire outfit up from the bottom. The dockmaster said it was probably a 30 + lb catfish (apparently they are common down here, probably eat the alligators). Tonight I am baited with corned beef and have my drag set light.

  Laura and Brutie got in around 9:00 last night and today was full of fun. Brutie ran Tucker ragged. They swam in the Marina and the Ocean plus chased around the marina grounds most of the day. Tucker is just plain tuckered out. 

Lunch after a swim in the Ocean.

Lunch on the Boardwalk (Laura had corned beef, leftovers are my bait).

Dad, this little thing couldn't have pulled your rod overboard.

This has been the longest day ever.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Skipper, had a talk with Tucker last night & he said this is THE BEST CREW! He should know, he's golden. Tucker just had one question for you. How can you be traveling South & all these people he knows from "up North" keep coming aboard? Left that one for you to explain. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captain West, by time you finish your voyage, I will have figured out all this "blogging"! I'm getting pretty good at it. Thanks for the inservice. Are there CEU's with this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way captain, the plant you bought is a croton. A common tropical plant seen all over down South. It is a common yard plant. It likes sunshine and let the top of the soil dry some between waterings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dick...thanks so much for sharing this blog. I thoroughly enjoyed ur adventures...even some scary ones especially in Virginia....Tucker makes a great model...what a dog or should I say ham...love to you...Dee & Joe from Florida (Brad & Danette's friends)

    ReplyDelete