Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Back in action but, NO SWIMMING !!!

I won't soon forget Harold and Glenn. They were the mechanics that worked on "Whatever It Takes". Between yesterday afternoon and 4:00 today these two performed the following: 1) raised my 22 ton boat safely out of the water 2) removed both props and replaced them, 3) removed one bent drive shaft then straightened it, 4) changed oil filters on both engines and the generator, 5) sucked out the old oil from them and replaced with new, 6) changed the oil in the transmissions, 7) re-caulked and tightened the bolts on the starboard strut (which required moving the water tank), 8) repaired a leaky bilge pump hose and finally lowered her back into the water and helped me dock.

  I was told that the Hague Marina wasn't much to look at but they know their business. Not only do they know their business but they are fair and very professional.

  This afternoon I asked George (the owner) if there was a sloped bank where Tucker could swim and fetch sticks. George said yes and was about to explain where when Tom shouted, "NO!!".  George was startled (as was I) then Tom said  "Gator." (Tom is a man of few words).   George said "Oh, that's right, we got an 8 footer hangin' around. Wouldn't want Tucker to be three legged".   I said, "No, that isn't in the plan!", so Tucker DID NOT go swimming.

The company van hasn't been used lately.


Glenn and Harold,  my heroes.

"Gator" Tom

George with his "Whatever It Takes" mug,  just before handing me the bill (notice the smile).

Damn dog just wont quit (good dog).

1 comment:

  1. Dick, all I can say is, compared with the other guy yesterday, you must be living right! Of course, so is Tucker!

    Tom D.

    ReplyDelete